Menopause Discussion > Alternative Therapies

Is the answer in the stars?

<< < (2/5) > >>

Yammy1:
My anxiety is through the roof and I'm Capricorn  :-X :-\

Snoooze:
I suffer terribly with anxiety...always have, worse in Peri and I'm on your list of those who said they had none or limited!

However, I do agree with if you have it, it becomes worse in peri.

CLKD:
It could have some 'truth' in it ......... I've been thinking around family members and some of it fits  :D

dangermouse:
Oh I'm a Leo and have had a tough time but I liked your theory!

People often think that horoscopes are a load of nonsense, I'm still not totally convinced by future forecasting but I do believe that the influence of the moon and sun when we're born does create a certain type of personality.

Saying that, I'm quite laid back normally and am a therapist who helps others with anxiety and mine has been more physical anxiety from the adrenaline from high oestrogen. So it could be true for general anxiety.

Hurdity:
On first reading of course first reaction - is that this is a "load of old baloney". However if you look a bit more closely then time of year of birth is bound to affect certain factors. Nothing to do with the stars signs per se ( in fact I don't know the time of year for gentler or not - I don't know when all the star signs are) but the neo-natal environment will interact with genetics and may well have some effect.

There was an observational study here linking date of birth to onset of menopause (haven't read it!).
https://www.theguardian.com/society/2005/may/12/health.sciencenews

Also the artificial construct of our education system based on month of birth can have a profound effect on some aspects of our lives. There was a fascinating progamme on Radio 4 (?last week) about the difference between summer borns and autumn borns and not only their long term educational performance but also character too. One example given was sport - so younger children in the year (eg July/August birthdays) would early on be at a disadvantage phsyically and do less well at say many sports than their older peers. This could (the programme argued) have a profound effect on character with the summer borns perceiving (throughout life) that they were not so good at sport, seeing themselves as weaker and there were other implcations - re anxiety ( can;t remember all the details).

It is therefore conceivable that summer borns (on average ) might be less confident early on than their peers, and have to work harder to succeed and become more anxious ( there were various studies). This effect might possibly continue on towards menopause so that eg summer borns were more affected my symptoms ( due to being more anxious etc) than the more confident autumn borns. Not sure if work has been done on this but it would need a huge number of stats (not a few anecdotal observations) because of the many confounding factors involved.

Star sings would only come into it as they related eg to Summer and autmn.

Well I got carried away there - haven't time to look up the research but interesting all the same :)

Hurdity x

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version