Menopause Discussion > Alternative Therapies

Homeopathy any success stories or horror stories!

<< < (2/2)

dangermouse:
Hey, there's quite a recent thread here about our actually experiences of homeopathy, which may be helpful:

https://www.menopausematters.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,33781.0.html

Although science can't explain it due to a lack of direct cause and effect, the same can be said for hypnosis and both are used in hospitals in the UK and abroad.

I think the NHS only just stopped funding homeopathy (I suspect due to the massive funding problems) which is a shame.

Hypnosis is still being used as an alternative to pain control and anaesthesia. I was trained by the teaching therapists at the Priory and as they are under NICE they said they could do the same as me but had to call it 'meditation' (which of course it isn't but insurance companies prefer the terminology!).

I suspect as with all doctors/practitioners it's about finding a good homeopath.

bramble:
Actually it is available on NHS. My second dr was a nhs gp and he gave me homeopathic remedies during the course of a normal NHS appointment at my local health centre. It was only later when I moved outside the area, did I have to see him privately.
Homeopathy certainly helped in my case when I was diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis in my twenties and all the NHS could offer at that time was steroids. Using the tinctures and potions from JdV along with his recommendations on what to avoid eating, went a long way to making my life bearable. Ditto when I had regular migraines.
Just because there isn't a scientific paper to prove it's efficacy doesn't mean it doesn't work. Doesn't the Queen have a homeopathic doctor?
Bramble

bramble:
How did you get on Fortysomething?
Bramble

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version