Menopause Discussion > Alternative Therapies

St John's Wort

<< < (2/2)

suehill67:

Well I'm going back to see my gp next week so will have a chat & see what she suggests...im sure I've had those before aswell but back then I was taking them for the wrong reasons  ( bad relationship) hopefully there will be a light at the end of this dark tunnel....until then I'll try & make sense of it all on here with all you lovely ladies xx

Roseneath:
I tried my ' fake smile' strategy this afternoon. It's easy, free with no side effects. You put on this
forced rictus grin and keep it on for a good 10 minutes. No really. It seems to trigger some small
but definate chemical high.(Don't try this with family around though although they will be calling 999).
Tried it in the library today and cleared the room.
Am also off for a jog now - would rather boil my head but beats googling brain tumour again.
 ;D :'(

suehill67:

Hahaha thankyou for the advice I'm gonna try that one right now as im skipping & my otherwise normal nipples are chaffing inside my bra & feel like they will combust anytime xx

paisley:
I don't bother seeing my GP anymore because he is useless & looks at me like I am the only one who has ever had these symptoms. He only ever suggests ADs. I am not adverse to taking them but they don't agree with me. The side effects make me feel worse. Years ago when I had PND & the ADs didn't work I got referred to a counselor & that helped me so so much. Unfortunately with all the NHS cutbacks they can't afford to do this anymore.

Roseneath:
I sat down with my calendar and look at the last 6 months. Most of the times I was at my worst with anxiety / panic about some health problem was either around ovulation time (Day 16) or pre-menstrual (24-26). On 4 out of the 5 times it was either of these. I felt so bad 5 days ago; really scarily not myself and so anxious. Period has come and today something has lifted. Not completely but definately feel not to taken over by it. So don't rush to take stuff if you have a very bad 4 or 5 days. I did this when I agreed to HRT and for me it was the wrong decision. I am feeling hat in peri everything is more extreme and things last for longer so we think it will be permanent. Hu :-*gs to you girls.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version