Menopause Discussion > Alternative Therapies

Hairfall

(1/3) > >>

su:
Hi..... For the last 3 months ive lost about 50% of my hair, its rapidly falling out, im too firghtenend to even wash it now.  Im 54 going through the menopause.  I havent had a period for 6 months now.  Any suggestions welcome please

su:
thank you for your post.  I am seeing my GP on thursday and will go from there.....

Katia:
Mine has thinned too. I find if the hormone balance isn't right it's worse. It also seems to be worse on my few days off Utrogestan. Your GP will probably check your iron as that can cause it and thyroid too. Sea keep helps and so does regaine.

DaisyB:
Hello Su - just wondering if you got anywhere with your GP? Hoping things are improving for you.

murgatroyd:
Hi Su
Good luck with the GP. I too have lost about half of my hair. I have to try not to get stressed as I know that causes a big shed about 3 months later. My blood tests came back normal. If you want to cover thin spots or a wide parting, I'd recommend hair fibres (I use Toppik). They conceal the scalp are pretty much invisible & come in a range of colours x

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version