Menopause Discussion > Alternative Therapies

Peppermint Essential Oil - Relieving Hot Flushes

(1/2) > >>

Flossie:
Hi, I've read that a quick squirt of peppermint oil mixed with water will help to alleviate the horrid feeling of a hot flush. Has anyone actually experienced this or found it to be beneficial. I have been taking Black Cohosh for a week and found my flushes to have increased !!

Dancinggirl:
Peppermint oil is good for the digestion - great for IBS and heartburn. Might help a bit if getting flushes after eating.
HRT is the only thing that will keep flushes under control. Beware of herbal remedies for too long as they can have toxic effects. The increase in flushes will be a further drop in oestrogen levels and oestrogen levels will fluctuate and decline until bottoming out around 2 years past your last period. DG x

Dancinggirl:
Hi Stellajane - yes still off HRT. Struggling with various health issues right now but won't go back on HRT - simply too much hassle for me now.
I've been having problems with my digestive system and peppermint oil has been great. DG x

DaisyB:
Flossy- good quality peppermint oil (organic if you can get) couple drops in oil rubbed to back of neck - then cup hands and breath deep.

DaisyB x

Vieja Bruja:
Agree with DaisyB, a few drops in your hand, rub together and then rub the sides/back of your neck. Cup your hands together and inhale.  Apparently it takes away hunger pangs too!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version