Menopause Discussion > Alternative Therapies

Reiki, interesting experience!

<< < (2/4) > >>

Elliemay:

--- Quote from: breeze on April 04, 2017, 09:54:42 AM ---Have been  suspicious of Reike ever since I read a practitioners web page, where she claimed she could 'cure' cancer. :-\

This sort of claim is illegal anyway so I hope that it was just a 'rogue' practitioner, and not the norm.

--- End quote ---

Those kind of people really annoy me. You are not supposed to make claims like that. I wouldn't touch anyone like that with a bargepole! :-/

I wasn't expecting anything and felt a bit uncomfortable at first because although I know the lady, she isn't a close friend & my anxiety was awful. So I was really surprised at how well it worked. It definitely released a very old blockage there. It's given me a clue as to the root of some of this anxiety too. I'd just rather not have all this hormone rubbish giving it an almighty prod!

Elliemay:
I forgot to mention that I have a torn hip labrum that can't be surgically repaired. the reiki felt wonderful and I could feel muscle twitching in that hip, she could feel it too, seemingly that's quite normal in reiki but again that felt so much better for weeks, no pain at all, it's just twinging again now. i need another session, want to get rid of the anxiety slime-monster clinging to my chest!

Elliemay:
well...ive been suffering badly from that for over a year. plus the lovely meno "rabbit poo" constipation alongside it. ::) i put it down to  the weight gain too. it was jolting me every time i walked and agony when i lay down. I read the horrors of drugs such as omeprazole and decided that I want to avoid those for as long as i can. i started on probiotics which helped a bit but i saw a medical herbalist who made a blend up for me. i know it contains liquorice, ashwaghanda and limeblossom. Only been on it a month. Hardly a drop of gaviscon has touched my lips since! In the past i tried all the sachets from gp for constipation. this blend has totally sorted out my digestion. I know it'll trigger if i eat chilli or tomato but i have actually done that without a night of searing pain following it. I looked for a registered medical herbalist in my area.

CLKD:
It's the liquorice that worked ;-).  Or figs can ease bowel motions  :-X  :sick02: ........  :D.  As for Reiki, how can something that is non-contact 'do' anything?  It's sometimes about giving ourselves time; to be able to relax and maybe share stuff.  I went to a Practitioner 20+ years ago when she first began setting up her business but we didn't get very far as she wanted too much personal information  :-\.  If it is to work then one shouldn't have to tell the Practitioner anything.  The act of relaxation should have been enough particularly as without leaving the house, I wasn't able to give myself time whereas going somewhere made me take time out  ::).

Those Practitioners that make 'claims to cure .........' don't get my vote!

If it works for you, don't knock it! 

Elliemay:
I really don't understand how reiki works, but you can feel it! it's bizarre. i wasnt expecting anything either. Ive done so many relaxation, meditation, yoga, pilates, hypno type things over the years and cannot relax, i just get irritated, bored or feel like punching someone (not that i would!)

so yep I'm baffled by that one!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version