Menopause Discussion > Alternative Therapies

Vitamin D3 and magnesium

(1/4) > >>

Clare11:
Hello,
I have been trying vitamin D3 and magnesium for a couple of weeks to see if it helps with my Menopause. But I seem to be getting headaches. Can taking these vitamins cause this???
Thanks

nearly50:
I think magnesium can cause headaches, maybe stop taking it for a wee while. Maybe hard to judge at this time if you are out of routine due to holidays, could be dehydration or more sugar than normal.

Dancinggirl:
Magnesium spray is good to use - using anything transdermally reduces possible side effects.  Vit D and Magnesium will help your bones but won't reduce meno symptoms.
An increase in headaches is a typical menopause symptom is often down to fluctuating hormones. DG x

Clare11:
Hi, I was hoping to increase my get up and go and my tiredness. Been to the Doc's and even though blood test shows I am menopausal she advises not going on HRT as it's been nearly 2 years since my last period and I am nearly 55. I thought extra vitamin D would help a wee bit.
Anyone got any ideas that would help!!!
 :)

Dancinggirl:
Vitamin D is important in the winter months so definitely take that and you do need magnesium alongside to absorb Vit D. 
HRT is good for reducing hot flushes and night sweats and it can sometimes help with energy.  55 is certainly not too late to try HRT and it could be worth giving it a go if you aren't getting enough sleep due to nights sweats etc.
5 years of HRT in our 50s can help maintain bone density and protect the heart for the long term so there are definitely health benefits to HRT.  Side effects of HRT can be troublesome so there may be compromises - however, side effects shouldn't be a reason not to try HRT.
I am 60 and stopped using HRT about 5months ago - unfortunately without HRT I do get many more headaches.
DG x

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version