Menopause Discussion > Alternative Therapies

5 HTP

<< < (2/2)

Londongirl:
I have been on ultra low dose Femoston Conti for a few years.  Initially it helped with all the meno symptoms and in particular the depression and mood swings. 

For some reason the depression has come back so my GP put me on the higher dose which I've tried but just don't feel right on so I thought I'd give 5 HTP a go.  It seemed to make feel calmer in the first week but then I thought am I imagining it ? ! 

I'll carry on with it for a while and see how I get on. 

Walking the dog - sorry to hear your pms isn't being relieved.  When is your hysterectomy ?   Soon ? 

Breeze - Lavender is known to have lots of calming properties I believe - are you looking into it for low mood assistance ?

Gosh this blooming meno is no fun hey ?  I feel like life just took a downhill turn when I started and has never really been the same since!  I'm doing ok on the HRT so shouldn't complain but just feel that there are still days when getting out of bed is a real hard slog.  I did say to my gp a while back that maybe I need to accept my age and slow down ?  Easier said then done! 

All the best ladies
x

breeze:
Don't bother with the lavender (Kalms). 
Bought some yesterday.  Lavender flavoured heartburn all evening.

Nice ;D

Dancinggirl:
Lavender pillow is far better - how horrid to be burping lavender :o  Dg x

breeze:
They are supposed to relieve stress.  Small capsules which you have to take with a full class of fluid, once a day.
I took mine with milk, just to be on the safe side, and still got heart burn.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version