Menopause Discussion > Alternative Therapies

Bach's rescue remedy

(1/3) > >>

Clare11:
Hello there, my sister in law has said I should try Bach's rescue remedy. She thinks it's brill with soothing her anxiety which she has and she is menopausal too. Any one else out there think it is good and it helps?
Thinking of getting some. ;)

breeze:
Didn't really do anything for me. Sorry.

CLKD:
There are several ways of using it - mouth spray, pastilles …… have a look in a well-known high-street chemist.  I have used the mouth spray for years either B4 or during stressful times.  I never think 'will this work?' but apply as necessary and get on with Life.  So far I have found it useful because I don't wonder 'will it won't it?'

cubagirl:
I used the blackcurrant pastilles & found them more helpful than spray.

Hurdity:
Hi Clare11 - many users of Bachs Rescue Remedies will recommend them - a close friend of mine swears by them and frequently offered them to me at stressful times! However just now I had a quick look on the web, googling "Bachs Rescue Remedy studies" and this was the first one to come up:

https://www.sciencebasedmedicine.org/bach-flower-remedies/

Any effect is likely to be placebo (which is a powerful effect)  - so I make no comment but decide for yourself. If you need a little psychological help like this to get you through certain situations, placebo or not - then why not as the drops themselves will do you no harm, it's very cheap, you use very little of it, and better than taking ADs unnecessarily.  ::)

Hurdity x

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version