Menopause Discussion > Alternative Therapies

Spending Time In Nature

(1/3) > >>

Machair:
I find that being in nature helps so much with peri symptoms. In face the opposite increases them. We have a John Lewis in our city, and being new it is enticing many to visit. I went and I did enjoy looking round, but it is not a therapy for me to shop. I find a dog walk or a coastal stroll calms me more than any crowded place. Even just sitting by the river or in the garden makes things feel so much less mad. Just lately I have had some form of PMT- not sure if it will result in a period or not, but the relief from that I have from just being in nature is quite amazing. Just thought I would share as it is quite incredible the difference and you only need an hour to see results.

CLKD:
 :thankyou:

I spend hours by our ponds.  Sitting.  Watching.  Or pottering around the garden.  We have lots of good walks within an hour's drive so when possible get out and about.  The wild birds keep me busy too, my kitchen sink over-looks the feeders  ;)

Janice68:
I agree Machair, i love going out for walks in nature even when I'm not in a good place I now make the effort and go for a walk it makes me feel better wholesome fresh air the birds twittering etc
Janx

Elizabethrose:
Machair, I couldn't agree more!

I live a stones throw from the edge of the Thames and walk alongside it regularly. Even if I've had a bad run with the dreaded migs, I'll hobble along and just sit on a bench. Free therapy!

My favourite though is a coastal path walk alongside a raging sea, it's the best feeling in the world! x

Justjules:
Do you think we appreciate nature so much more the older we get? I know I do. I love trees so much, they make me happy just looking at them for some reason. When I'm stressed and just want to switch off, I long for just somewhere with a wonderful view and preferably a wide open space. My therapist often says that at weekends she just heads somewhere 'high' because she needs to see the expanse of the sky and views. This time of year is so beautiful. X

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version