Menopause Discussion > Alternative Therapies

Lady care magnet

<< < (5/5)

Hurdity:
Hi Dennylou48

Sorry to hear about your problems. Why don't you start a new thread in All Things menopause as your post will get missed here as many members don't look in this section nor read about magnets  ;D ?

We can help advise you eg on HRT and the issue of what is natural - ADs certainly are not, but much of HRT definitely is - as in replacing what your body was making naturally and the same molecules. Doctors are not supposed to prescribe things like Prozac as first line of treatment if your anxiety is part of menopause and you are also having menopausal symptoms.

Do please post in the main section and you will get more replies - and hopefully we can help you and if not you will get support :)

Hurdity x

orchid:
They are like many alternative remedies they work on a psychological basis. I was having period type cramp with mine, then was diagnosed with Haemochromotosis (iron overload) so it's likely mine was drawing iron to it, maybe this was the cause of the pain!  Stranger things have happened.
While on the subject of Haemochromotosis, let me just raise some awareness for you ladies. If you are feeling utter fatigue and tiredness do NOT reach for iron tablets before consulting with your dr, as iron overload and other things cause the same symptoms. A ferritin blood test not just a full blood count haemoglobin test is the only thing that picks this up! It is a genetic disorder and I've gone undiagnosed for years. Just a friendly word of warning. My symptoms are depression, abdo pain palpitations, joint pain. The treatment is venesection weekly for a while then 3-4 times yearly for life.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version