Menopause Discussion > Alternative Therapies

Pilates

<< < (3/12) > >>

Janice68:
Thanks laquesabe for the info I like it because of every thing you have said basically.

I'm glad it's helping you Henrietta!!!
I'm trying to avoid an hysterectomy at the moment . I need to strengthen my pelvic floor muscles and everything else.
Take care xx

walking the dog:
I made it to Pilates on Friday , I go when anxiety allows, I enjoyed it it's very relaxing

Janice68:
Glad you went Wtd. It gets me doing something and gets me out of the house too plus the walking there and back. My doctor suggested it. It turned out to be a good idea and the right thing for me with my pelvic floor issues. Just brill!!

dulciana:
I tried a pilates class a year ago, but I was put off by the general assumption that everyone could do every move
(I couldn't find an affordable beginners' class that fitted my diary) and the loud, fast, punchy music that we were forced to have on as a "background".   I only went once, never to return.   (See "What have you done today?" for my latest post about exercise!  ;D)

laquesabe:
Hi Sparkle and anyone else interested in pilates.
Re. movements to avoid for hiatus hernia and reflux, I would advise not aggravating your synptoms by lying supine (on your back) or prone (on tummy). There are plenty of movements sitting or on all fours or standing.
Dont be put off by feeling limited in your movements as there really plenty of excercises and beautiful stretches you can do xx

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version