Menopause Discussion > Alternative Therapies

What alternative therapies have helped you

<< < (8/11) > >>

Wrensong:
Haha - yes Jari - glad you found the article helpful in backing your viewpoint!  ;D

Jari:
True Wrensong, I think it wouldn't be sensible to focus on one concentrated food type.

Balance is key! X

Sparrow:
I also think it is interesting to note that although rates in Japan for breast cancer are very low, they has been a slow but significant increase attributed to the change to a more Western diet. 

Jari:
Good point Shadyglade! X

Wrensong:
Yes Shadyglade - that's often raised & is also very interesting I think.  I ate soya products & later flax seeds for some years pre-menopause, the soya partly because of FH of BC, wanting to try to reduce my own risk & partly to try to improve a digestive condition.  The flax I found helpful for digestive transit, but to my frustration found in peri that I had to stop it as it made my vasomotor symptoms worse - so maybe due to the possible antioestrogenic effect we are discussing here.  I am just not sure enough either way from all I read & given the seriousness of such devastating conditions as breast cancer I tend to err on the side of caution.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version