Menopause Discussion > Alternative Therapies

What alternative therapies have helped you

<< < (5/11) > >>

Wrensong:
Hi Jari, can you tell us more about the hormone balancing diet please & what supplements you take?

Jari:
Hi Wrensong.
I take Viridian 40+ multi, Glucosamine for joints and Synerbio.

Also Bio care Vit c 500 and bio care omega 3 oil capsules.

Hormone balancing diet, although I'm not too strict about it, basically changed my diet a lot, to include more phytoestrogens and lignans. Mainly lentils, chickpeas and ground flaxseeds. X

CLKD:
Can you tell me how phyto-estrogen foods would be recommended for someone who has had breast cancer, i.e. what exactly are
they?  :-\

Wrensong:
CLKD - have just posted about phyto-oestrogens & BC on another thread.  I was recently at a joint Macmillan-NHS presentation at which the topic of diet after BC was raised & as they are thought to be hormone-disruptors, phyto-oestrogens were not recommended for women post-BC.  I also posted a link to an article the other day that mentioned that phyto-oestrogens are thought to exert both oestrogenic & anti-oestrogenic effects, but can't remember which thread it was on I'm afraid  ::)  If I remember & it looks relevant to your query, will post it again here.
Wx

Jari:
Hi CLKD, phytoestrogens are plant foods that can have a hormone balancing effect on the body.
Likewise exercise has a hormone balancing effect.
Over 300 foods, including fruits, veg, seeds, legumes and grains have been found to have this estrogenic effect, but there are differences in the strength in the different foods. High concentrations are found in lentils, chickpeas and soya.
Women in Japan for example have fewer menopausal symptoms and their diet is much richer in these plant foods. They have a lower incidence of breast cancer, heart disease and osteoporosis.

Basically, phytoestrogens will help with flushes, sweats and memory changes without risking cancer, but of course it's important to get a good balance. X

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version