Menopause Discussion > Alternative Therapies

Acupuncture?

<< < (3/7) > >>

Chi chi:
How do you mean "tradionally" trained?
I've had 2 sessions now, still not feeling any different yet  :-\ I feel good straight after but then back to normal the next day.
I didn't realise there is Chinese and Japanese acupuncture? Hubby has Japanese but mine is Chinese

Kate50:
There is a big difference in the way acupuncture can be given.  The older trained ones seem to be the most knowledgeable I have TCM and 5 element acupuncture.  The latter for me works better in the emotional level

star-mam:
My mum had auricular acupuncture for hot flushes caused by breast cancer treatment. She said it worked really well and the flushes stopped :)

Lizab:
Chi chi, I'm curious to know if you have kept on with the acupuncture and did it help? There is a Chinese medicine school nearby that offers free treatment administered by final year students. I have thought of trying it but haven't gathered the nerve yet.

Chi chi:
Unfortunately I gave up on the acupuncture, maybe I should have given it more than 4 sessions?? I just didn't feel any improvement at all and at £40 per session  :-\ I need something more quick acting so I'm now thinking of trying homeopathy.
Hubby still goes for his acupuncture though and it's still helping with his sleep 👍🏽

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version