Menopause Discussion > Alternative Therapies

Promensil

<< < (2/2)

Dancinggirl:
Sadly I can't say that any supplements will be responsible for your flushes subsiding - I'm afraid it is more likely that you are having a natural oestrogen boost.
It doesn't do any real harm to take supplements, however a good diet and exercise regime is really important - Red Clover has health benefits and I believe can help reduce flushes etc for some women over time so I'd continue and see how things go.  DG x

Hurdity:
Just to say also as Dancinggirl - that supplements are no substitute for a really good varied balanced diet of freshly cooked food made from scratch and few refined/processed foods,  lots of fruit, veg, fish, nuts, pulses etc, cutting out high carb/sweet foods. By all means take a few well chosen supplements in small doses but the diet is more important - especially at menopause, as well as increasing exercise.

Hurdity x :)

Candy Floss:
I definitely feel better when I eat sensibly.  I've got lactose intolerance and so I doubt I get enough of the vitamins and minerals that are in milk and milk products - especially calcium and some of the B vitamins - and whatever else is in the milk that I'm not allowed to have.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version