Menopause Discussion > Alternative Therapies

"Havening"

(1/4) > >>

CLKD:
Someone has put a leaflet through our door : 'self-havening' techniques

Anyone have any experiences? It supposedly helps one relieve distress i.e. anxiety …… a kind of DIY touching therapy .  I think that I'm too far down the line for it to be of benefit …...

Taz2:
It's for people who have suffered trauma rather than just anxiety I thought. Maybe it's moved on though from the original purpose?

Taz x

CLKD:
The web-site isn't very clear  ::) ……… Can you imagine me having a panic attack in the middle of a supermarket beginning to tap myself then I have to find stairs to run up and down whislt counting quietly ………  ::)

Maybe the brown paper bag might be more suitable  :-\

Taz2:
Paul McKenna does it apparently https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/brain-myths/201305/can-the-new-havening-technique-really-cure-trauma-and-fear

Taz x

Dorothy:

--- Quote from: CLKD on January 12, 2016, 08:26:08 PM ---The web-site isn't very clear  ::) ……… Can you imagine me having a panic attack in the middle of a supermarket beginning to tap myself then I have to find stairs to run up and down whislt counting quietly ………  ::)

Maybe the brown paper bag might be more suitable  :-\

--- End quote ---

If you start tapping yourself and running up and down stairs in a supermarket, you may find onlookers phoning for the men in white coats!  It doesn't sound like a very practical method to use in public  ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version