Menopause Discussion > Alternative Therapies

Any quick fixes for 'anxiety' ?

(1/5) > >>

dahliagirl:
Hi

I think I have an anxiety problem.  That is - I am not anxious, but I have a few things on my plate at the moment, a rushed deadline (just finished yesterday) and woke up this morning to a feeling of dread, adrenaline, palpatations.

I made myself a lovely cup of coffee mid-morning  ::)  which was really nice, until I got half way through it and realised it was not the best idea  :o

I am being super-chilled, doing my breathing exercises and relaxing every few minutes, wearing my wheat bag round my neck.  This afternoon, I am off to ballet. Any more tips?

CLKD:
You R probably doing too much.

My anxiety can strike at any moment.  Currently it's background but don't know why  :-\ ……… I've had 2 weeks without any.  Bliss. 

Rescue remedy.  Deep breathing.  Regular yoga.  Emergency medication. 

dazned:
A long soak in Epsom salts bath ,works for me. Not much help in the daytime but.........a good night's sleep should follow hopefully. ;)

dahliagirl:
I think I have a backlog of stuff brewing - I am writing a list and make a start on the things that are bothering me.  There is one of my activities that I think I want to step back from, so I will have to think carefully about that.

You are right - too much stuff and a good night's sleep needed.  ;)

The ballet was good, but did not enjoy the drive.

CLKD:
Making a list can get the worry out of your head and away - I found journalling really useful!

Make a list of 'must do' and 'hobbies'?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version