Menopause Discussion > Alternative Therapies

The point of this specific thread

<< < (9/9)

Dorothy:

--- Quote from: Autumn on November 16, 2015, 06:50:30 PM ---Wow, I've just read through this and don't quite understand what's happened. :-\ ???

--- End quote ---

Don't let that worry you - there are times when ignorance is bliss and this is one of them  ;D

Autumn:
Ahhh, ok.... ;D

babyjane:
This section didn't exist when I was last here before I had a break (down).  I think it's good to have somewhere to explore all options.

I have never taken HRT (my choice) and I disagree with the comment that our bodies need the oestrogen and 'without it there is no hope of ever feeling well again' (or something along those lines).

I have had times when I have felt very uncomfortable and quite unwell but never bad enough to feel the need of HRT.  It is now 6 years since I started hot flushes and I was probably menopausal for some time prior to them starting.  But I am a stubborn so and so and I got through and am now post menopausal and the flushes are few and far between.

I have recently been diagnosed with a low grade depression and anxiety but I do not believe they are exclusively related to the menopause.  It has been a lifelime in coming because of my backgound.

My point is that I had menopause symptoms and they did affect me but I chose not to take HRT and I am starting to feel well again.  I just wanted to refute the idea that 'without HRT you can never hope to feel well again'.  You can, there is always hope but it is a long process, it won't happen overnight.

this is my contribution and my opinion.  It is not meant to challenge anyone else's view and I do not expect my view to be vilified.

CLKD:
If anyone is in touch with Thorntrees do encourage her to return.  All opinions are valued and we have to remember that the written word is static.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version