Menopause Discussion > Alternative Therapies

Salt in your diet

<< < (2/4) > >>

honeybun:
Maybe Emma could clear this one up....

I thought that part of the alternatives theme was general health tips that could help with meno. Ie...that by cutting down on salt intake could help with hot flushes.
Grangravy started a topic within the alternatives section about avoiding scented products to alleviate irritation.

r
Is that too in the wrong place.

I'm quite happy to ask for this to be moved if that's what everyone thinks.  :-\

A tad pedantic though I think.

Linsey44:
Interesting HB.  I use pink himalayn salt. It contain lots of minerals etc and is one of the healthier salts, if there is such a thing.

Linsey X

Taz2:
Sorry Prajna but I don't think it is a good substitute - it's still salt with a little bit of flavour added in  :-\

Taz x

CLKD:
Good topic!

Salt is salt  :-\ …….. and why is anyone importing salt from the Himalya when we have salt mines in Chester!!!  >:( it's a gimmick and certainly NOT GREEN!  ;)   (Did anyone see John Craven in the Salt Mines, they are HUGE!, cavernous spaces  :o )

The body requires salts in the same way as it requires food  ::).  Cutting down processed foods will help the body over-all.  As for drinking ……… we've had this conversation previously ……. the body takes in fluids from food as well as what we take from the tap  ;)

SadLynda:
anything diet related interests me.

One of the things I stopped was my beloved 'crisps' I used to have one pack of cheese n onion a day.  I found it harder to give up than smoking was, but I have done it.  We dont eat processed either and I use himalayan salt which I just add during cooking, (sometimes) but that depends on what I am cooking.

I wonder how long it takes for an improved diet to improve overall health?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version