Menopause Discussion > Alternative Therapies

Serenity bio identical hormone cream!!

(1/7) > >>

skkb:
Has anyone tried this and does it work? Feeling desperate

Ljp:
I've been using serenity for years, my GP is aware I use it, and yes I do think it has definitely helped me. It's worth a try x

skkb:
Thanks Lisa, do you buy it on the internet or in store? How much would you apply daily?

Hurdity:
Aaaaagh skkb! (Sorry - but we've had this one lots of time - no offence  :) ). What would you want it for? It does not have enough progesterone cream in it to oppose oestrogen in HRT and in itself there is little evidence that it will do anything for menopausal symptoms. Studies have been mixed ie there are no consistent results. This is what Dr Currie says about it (in brief)

PROGESTERONE CREAM "Natural" progesterone cream is available on private prescription in varying strengths. Studies have shown inconsistent results on effect on menopausal symptoms. Claims for a protective effect on bones have not been confirmed. Women who take systemic estrogen for menopausal symptoms must also take progestogen to protect the womb lining from being stimulated by the estrogen. Progesterone cream is not suitable for giving protection to the womb lining and should not be relied on for this purpose.

Please don't be taken in by the powerful marketing blurb.

Lisajp - I'm pleased you feel it has helped you and of course important for us all to feel better - but no amount of individual testimonies can tell anyone else whether it is likely to be effective - the results possible being largely placebo, or that changes observed would occur anyway - or perhaps it may help a very few - depending on symptoms? This is why we have trials - at least so that women can look objectively and see whether there is a chance of it working.

Hurdity x

Joyce:
I tried this cream some time ago.  Sorry but didn't work for me. I was willing to try it though & it may be worth a try.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version