Menopause Discussion > Alternative Therapies

Has Black Cohosh or Red Clover helped sweats?

<< < (4/7) > >>

CLKD:
They eats lots of fish too apparently  ::)

Many ladies who choose the Veil suffer lack of VitD too  ::)

Mary G:
Jaki T, sorry for the belated reply.  Yes, you do have to get oestrogen gel from your doctor but if they refuse, you can get it online. 

I have been round the block on this and can tell you that the gel has worked the best for me by far.  It is bio identical and works best when unopposed by progesterone.  However, if you still have a womb, you must take progesterone for either 7 days per month or for 20 days every three months.  I am severely intolerant to artificial progesterone (I never had a problem with the progesterone I produced myself, only the artificial stuff) so I have to limit the use to the barest minimum but there is no reason why you should have the same problem.  Most doctors recommend using Utrogestan for the progesterone part.

All the bad press regarding HRT was from the old stuff they churned out years ago which was mainly oral, not much good and too high in progesterone.  The newest bio identical HRT is a different kettle of fish altogether and does not carry the breast cancer risks - it is the progesterone side of HRT that causes all the problems so that is why its use must limited.

Hope that helps.

Jaki T:
Hi DG

My blood pressure was normal more or less after I came off the pill.

Blood pressure goes up with age plus I have more weight on either due to the menopause and because of anti-depressants but they have helped me enormously with anxiety so it's a trade off. My bp isn't excessively high, but I was told it was bit high when I had my last two readings.

The thing is I have other conditions. I walk as I don't have a car but I have Fibromyalgia so I have debilitating fatigue. Diet is good. Could be better. I wouldn't use beta blockers again, they made be blackout.

What is an srri? Do you mean SSRI?  As you see I'm already taking a low dose and was told this can help some people with sweats but hasn't helped me!

CLKD:
Buy a blood pressure machine and take it before breakfast every morning for 3 months.  Make notes.  Bet your readings are within normal limits and that when taken in the Surgery, you have White Coat Syndrome  ::)

Jaki T:
I used to get white coat syndrome but after having had so many normal readings the main worry was the pain of having my blood pressure taken (the automatic ones hurt me too much). But it'd still be normal. Last time I wasn't worried and then it was up.  ???

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version