General Discussion > One Life, Live it, Celebrate it!

Letting go

(1/7) > >>

one year in:
Following a remark made by another member on another thread, I started thinking about how much I have "let go" following menopause.

For one thing, I have started wearing a bikini.  I wore a one-piece for most of my adult years because I thought I was too fat for a bikini.  Not sure what changed, I just let go.

I also stopped shaving my underarms and legs in the winter.  And I don't wear make up often anymore or wear deodrant every day.

It's wonderful to stop having to worry what other people think!

What have other people let go of?

viv:
Gosh you are brave.

I could not inflict my wobbly bits on the world at large. My razor is still my best friend.  ::) ::)

I think what I have let go is my constant worry of what people thought of me. Now I do my best and if they dont like it they can lump it. It has been quite liberating really.

Honeyb
x

coffee mate:
I'm with Honeyb on this one. I too could never let go of my razor, and I do like to look/feel good,  BUT.... if they don't like it.....tough!   Now there's one thing I have let go of - caring what other people think of me.   :)

CLKD:
UUmmm good thread ............. let go of: not much - yet  ;)

Probably need to ask Himself if he has noted anything that was a habit that I no longer do ........  ;D

viv:
I honestly think I have become more fussy about myself since I have become peri.

Perhaps its a reaction to getting older and feeling somehow less feminine. I dont really know. It had been talked about on here before...the increase in body odour. I am very aware of that and I dont like it at all.
I really do have a thing about really nice smelly stuff. Body creams face creams etc.
I love to come out of the shower and have a bit of a pamper sometimes. It makes me feel better and anything that does that is really worth while for me.

Honeyb
x

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version