Menopause Discussion > Other Health Discussion

UPDATE: Effects of Depression

<< < (13/40) > >>

Babsm67:
I think you are right - I am going through something like that at the moment over my former workplace colleagues as I do not have anything in common with them anymore & they said about keeping in touch but never did.  I miss the social life I had through my old workplace as well.  I feel I cannot be bothered with trying to keep in touch with the sister who lives nearest anymore - the problem is she has three daughters whom I always send cards & money to (I hardly see them though).  I might have mentioned this before in an old thread but someone once said to me a long time ago when I was depressed, "Don't hang around with people who make you feel miserable & cut the 'dead wood' out of your life'.  Start as I mean to go on! Xx

CLKD:
U could decide that once the nieces reach 12/16/18/21 that you stop buying ?  that's what I did.  Especially if they don't send 'thank you' letters!  I told my sister that if her sons couldn't be bothered to acknowledge me then I couldn't be bothered - they were about 12, now in their late 30s they send a card  ;) although their Mum writes the address on the envelope.

If anyone drains you then see less of them.  Some people are takers, others are givers  ;)

Babsm67:
Good for you!  :). Too true - well done for having the confidence to do that  :) xx

CLKD:
We live miles from relatives so can do it easily.  We don't have to engage often  ;)

CLKD:
This is how depression affected me and unless I take medication regularly and unless I don't take on too much or say 'yes' too often, generally I'm OK.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version