Menopause Discussion > Other Health Discussion

UPDATE: Effects of Depression

<< < (28/40) > >>

Dulciana:
I'm not very clued up on depression treatments, but I would think one of the most vital things first of all, if you are suffering, is to tell somebody.  That's another really good thing about this website.

CLKD:
Who to tell though  :-\.  First port of call ought to be the GP or Practice Nurse, or walk into a MIND meeting. 

My family are too judgemental for me to share any medical issues with them.  So DH and I make sure that over the years I have had a working relationship with our GP who has been very good.

BJ was on a very low dose.  I take a maintenance dose of 5mg at night and breakfast time, upping it to 10mg at night and 5mg at breakfast when I get breakthrough symptoms.  It is about finding medication that doesn't make me nauseous! but it isn't a cure.  I feel hung over most mornings on waking but that passes once I'm out of bed.  I try to accept any side effects and push on through the day, as long as the anxiety doesn't take over I manage half a day at a time.

Dyan:
BJ- if you felt better on them then take them again.
Why do people hate taking medication? :-\
A diabetic takes insulin, etc,etc,etc.
Don't feel bad about it. Our brains get sick,so why not take meds to make it better,same as anything else.
When I first went on ADs people use to say to me " oh you don't want to be on them" :-\

Sorry,just had to get that off my chest ;D I'll shut up now  :-X
 :hug: to you all who are suffering. X

CLKD:
>wave Dyan<  - I think that BJ was feeling ruff so stopped taking it to see the effects - maybe a hike in the drug might over-ride any symptoms, it really is Trial and Error at a time when we want to feel well  :-\.

It gets to be Hard Work  :sigh: ………. so many conditions mimic others which makes it difficult to sort the chaff from the straw!

babyjane:
thank you all so very much for your concern for me, it is so reassuring to read your posts.  :hug:

I just typed a long reply and it disappeared into cyberspace so to cut a long stary short I have an appointment with my GP next week and will see how things go between now and then.

Basically I was not depressed and they did little for my anxiety.  then the side effects outweighed the benefits and they numbed my emotions.  I don't need my emotions numbed, I need to be able to feel in order for my therapy sessions to be effective, no matter how painful they might be.

I will be guided by my GP who I trust, although it was he who suggested stopping them in the first place.  Yes, there might be a better one for me that I could try or I might feel better in another week anyway.  I will report back  :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version